1. Use by Users Outside of Mexico.
2. Agreement and your consent.
3. Scope of Policy
4. The Information We Collect
The Site offers business information about Landstar. The Site is not to be used by individual consumers to purchase consumer products or services.
The information we collect from users of the Site is information by which an individual may be identified: their first and last name, email address, address, and telephone number (“Personal Data”). Personal Data does not include information collected from individuals accessing this Site as businessmen and women and professionals. We also collect business information from users, and information by which users cannot be individually identified, such as information about a user’s computer, Internet connection and Site usage.
We collect this information when you directly provide it to us, such as if you request information through the Site, register on the Site, sign up for a service through the Site, provide us with Suggestions through the Site, post User Posted Content to the Site, or if you send us information via email through the Site.
We also collect information automatically as you navigate through the Site, including about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including as follows:
- We record general statistical and tracking information, of the date and time you access the Site, the places you visit on the Site, and the time you spend using the Site.
- We receive and record information about your computer and its systems and in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address (the Internet address of your computer), your computer and its systems, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses and other server log information.
We also may, but are not obligated to, monitor your use of the Site.
5. Our Use and Disclosure of this Information
We may use the information that we collect about you or that you provide to us as set forth above, including your Personal Data, as follows:a) Necessary purposes:
- For any Landstar and/or its Affiliates’ business purpose;
- To provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information to us;
- To notify you about changes in the Site, its governing documents, or any products or services we offer through the Site;
- To allow you to participate in interactive sections of the Site;
- To inform you about our and/or our Affiliates’ programs, goods and services and/or those of third parties in which we determine you may be interested;
- To communicate with you about your use of the Site and regarding Landstar and its Affiliates’ business;
- For any other purpose to which you consent;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- To aggregate user information.
If you do not accept any of the accessorial purposes, please let us know this in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org upon your disclosure of the personal information; otherwise we understand that you have consented all the uses and purposes listed herein.
We may also use, process, transmit and disclose to others the information we gather from you, including your Personal Data, as follows:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information, for any other purpose disclosed when you provide the information, and for any purpose to which you consent.
- We may disclose your information to Affiliates of Landstar and allow them to use and disclose your information for any Landstar and/or its Affiliates’ business purpose.
- We may employ other companies, services providers and our own Affiliates to perform functions on Landstar’s behalf, such as maintaining the Site, providing services related to the Site, collecting information, processing information, responding to and sending electronic mail, fulfilling orders for products, services or information, or other functions necessary to our business, and we may disclose your information to these companies so that they can perform their functions for us.
- We may use and disclose your information as we view necessary or prudent to protect our and our Affiliates’ safety, rights and/or property and that of others and other users, to enforce and/or to report abuse or violation of the Site’s governing documents, and in connection with our obligations under the Law.
- We may use and disclose your information to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or our Affiliates.
- We may use and disclose your information to the extent we believe we are required to do so by law, including to comply with any court order, law, regulation or legal process, and to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- We may transfer and disclose your information in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the assets of Landstar and/or one of its Affiliates, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which the information held by Landstar and/or the Affiliate is among the assets transferred.
If you do not accept any of the transfers of information listed above, please let us know this in writing to email@example.com upon your disclosure of the personal information; otherwise we understand that you have consented all the transfers listed herein.
We may compile statistical and aggregated information about users of the Site and their use of the Site, and we may use, disclose and transfer this information, as well as any information that does not identify an individual, and any suggestions you provide, for any purpose without restriction.
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized disclosure of information you provide to us. These systems are structured to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing this information. Due to the nature of Internet communications and evolving technologies, however, we cannot provide, and we hereby disclaim, assurance that the information you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
With respect to some services we provide customers, we may expressly agree at the time such services are requested to provide different, specific and higher levels of security and data segregation. In addition, in particular circumstances, when you submit certain information to us through this Site, we may agree in connection with such information to provide additional protections to, and restrictions upon our use of, your Personal Data. For example, if you apply to qualify to join our network as an independent sales agent, independent owner operator, emprendedor logistico asociado (“ELA(s)”), or approved carrier, the application materials may make additional commitments to you as set forth in such materials.
7. Relationship to Other Contracts
The Site is not directed to or intended to be used by persons under the age of 18, and Landstar does not knowingly collect Personal Data from persons under the age of 18. If we learn that a person under 18 has provided us with Personal Data through this Site, we will delete this information from our databases.
9. Means to Promote ARCO Applications (Update Your Personal Information)
To file an ARCO (access, rectification, cancelation, opposition) application (“ARCO”), you must submit an application addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:a) Name.
b) Address where you can be reached for an answer and tracking of the application.
c) Document proving your identity.
d) Description of personal data to which an ARCO right is intended to be exercised.
e) Any other element that allows identification of personal data regarding the application.
11. Contact Us
PRIVACY NOTICE(This Policy Notice was last updated on September 25, 2018)
Landstar Metro S.A.P.I. de C.V (“Landstar”) recognizes the importance of protecting personal data in accordance with the laws of Mexico. This Privacy Notice sets forth how we collect, use and process personal data in numeric, alphabetical, graphic, photographic, acoustic or any other form concerning an identified or identifiable individual (“Personal Data”). The items contained in this Privacy Notice are required by the Law, its regulation and other applicable provisions.
- Landstar is considered the “Data Controller” pursuant to the Data Protection Law.
- We will not collect financial, property or sensitive data from you without your express consent. Sensitive data is information related with state of health, medical history, impairments, medical requirements, allergies, results of psychometric tests, gender, marital status, bank accounts, records and affiliations.
- When express consent is required, we will provide you with a simple and free-of-charge means of providing express consent.
- If you have a legal relationship with Landstar, your express consent is not required for processing financial, property or other Persona Data as strictly required by for the relationship.
- You may revoke your express consent for the use of your Personal Data at any time by contacting us at email@example.com and providing sufficient information so that we can comply with your request. In any case, said application must clearly detail the data or purposes for which your consent is revoked.
- The Personal Data collected is minimally necessary to provide you with useful information through access to the Site.
- Your Personal Data may be transferred to third parties or outside of Mexico to offer you goods or services in accordance with your use of the Site.
- Your consent is not necessary when transfers are done to Landstar´s affiliates, when transfers are necessary to comply with the obligations derived from the relationship with Landstar.
- This Privacy Notice does not apply to corporations or individuals accessing the Site as businessmen and woman and professionals.
- We will retain your Personal Data only as long as necessary to facilitate your use of the Site or services related to the Site.